The Senior Audit position will oversee and manage the audit services to a variety of our clients that range in industry experience and knowledge. The senior is integral to the client engagement team and is involved in the audit planning phase as well supervising in the field by overseeing staff, performing moderately complex accounting research and preparing reports. This is a highly visible role both externally with clients and internally with Firm leadership, colleagues, and direct reports. The engagement partners, managers, and supervisors provide a supportive learning environment for the senior auditor to be successful and excel to the next level of their career growth.
Primary Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Oversee multiple medium to large engagements and be responsible for understanding a client’s business, systems procedures and in identifying/solving client issues
- Develop and adhere to time/revenue budgets for assigned staffing and work with them to fulfill their engagement duties and assume primary responsibility for engagement completion.
- Supervise and manage services to our clients, which includes the preparation of audit strategy, setting/adhering to budgets, scheduling staff, effective delegation of client work, and financial reporting
- Research, understand and apply moderately complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing on the job guidance, training, regular feedback while fostering a team environment
- Develop and maintain client relationships and thus drive client satisfaction
- 2-3+ years of public accounting experience performing audits
- Both Not for Profit industry and/or Inventory experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CPA candidate; Licensed CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Engagement experience a plus
- Successfully pass a background check
We look forward to sharing with you the fabulous location, friendly atmosphere, and attractive benefits that will make you proud and excited to be a valued member of the DZH Phillips’ team. Come meet your future.
To apply, fill out the form to the right or contact Stephanie Effros, our Director of Talent & Culture at email@example.com