Tax Senior – Corporate Focused
DZH Phillips is one of the largest majority women-owned accounting and advisory firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in San Francisco, Oakland, and Burlingame. Backed by more than 70 years of industry knowledge and experience, our staff is attuned to our client’s most critical opportunities and challenges. The firm provides a full range of accounting and audit services and maintains an extensive knowledge of tax strategies, audit best practices, forensics, wealth management and business advisory expertise to serve the needs of businesses, nonprofit organizations, families and individuals
DZH Phillips offers all the opportunities and expertise of a national firm, uniquely blended with a boutique culture. Each of our professionals can be their unique best selves, create a lasting impact and have an extraordinary life and career at our firm. Like our commitment to our clients, we want our professionals to reach their greatest potential and encourage continuous growth through professional development.
DZH Phillips offers appropriately challenging client engagements, leadership and partner track opportunities, training and mentoring support, flexible work schedules to ensure a well-balanced life between work and family and the opportunity to take an entrepreneurial approach to their careers, where the sky is the limit.
The Tax Senior position will oversee and manage a variety of tax compliance and advisory client engagements; supporting both tax compliance and planning projects to a diverse base of corporate and individual clients. The senior is integral to the client engagement team and directly supports the Partner or Manager on the engagement and is often in direct contact with the clients. The engagement partners, managers, and supervisors provide a supportive learning environment for the professionals to be successful and excel to the next level of their career growth.
Primary Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review federal, state and local income tax returns and quarterly estimated taxes for individuals, partnerships, S corporations , U.S. domestic corporations, and international tax returns
- Supervise and review staff level assignments including the preparation of returns, calculate and review book to tax adjustments, tax provisions, and depreciation schedules
- Coordinate with managers and clients to obtain company financial data and other relevant information
- Determine federal, multi-state and international compliance requirements
- Research federal, multi-state and international tax issues and prepare research memorandums
- Work with managers in the implementation of tax planning projects
- Provide support for scheduling, budgets and billing
- Minimum 3-4 years of tax compliance experience in Public Accounting
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Tax
- CPA license preferred
- Strong analytical ability, research, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent client service skills both internally and externally focused
- Strong proficiency in various software tools
- Advanced Excel skills
To apply, fill out the form to the right or contact Stephanie Effros, our Director of Talent & Culture at email@example.com