Forensic Accounting & Litigation Consulting
In litigation or investigation, our forensic accounting team will analyze and explain financial and accounting information for public or privately-held companies or nonprofit organizations. Aiming to render analytical clarity, we assist litigators, general counsel, and audit or finance committees with:
- resolving financial or accounting disputes,
- calculating or critiquing economic damages,
- writing expert reports,
- testifying in deposition and at trial as the financial, accounting, tax, or damages expert, and
- investigating suspected asset misappropriation or financial statement fraud.
Specifically, our team can help you in the following areas:
- Loss claims and economic damages:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Business interruption
- Insurance bad faith claims
- Complex accounting analyses
- Partnership, joint venture, or shareholder disputes
- Lost earnings from personal injury and wrongful termination claims
- Lost profits
- Wage-and-hour litigation, including pre-litigation analysis:
- Unpaid overtime
- Failure to provide meal and rest periods
- Minimum wage
- PAGA claims
- Accounting malpractice:
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Overlooked tax deductions
- Securities litigation:
- GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB violations at a publicly-held entity
- Opining on a party’s ability to pay punitive damages
- ERISA claims and related income tax issues
- Forensic accounting and consulting:
- Reconstructing business transactions and tracing assets or flow of funds based on available evidence
- Data mining, extractions, analysis of large data sets (e.g., time entry records), and statistical sampling capabilities
- Investigation of alleged fraud, fraud risk management , or internal controls consulting
- Royalty audits
- Solvency investigation
- Business valuation
What makes our team different?
- A high level of professionalism and personalized attention, regardless of the size of your case
- Sensitivity to issues of discretion and confidentiality
- Timely and effective communication, with frequent updates on our projects
- Credentialed team – Certified Public Accountant, Certified in Financial Forensics, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Valuation Analyst
- Cost matters – Our fees are reasonable and we leverage our diverse levels of staffing to create time and cost savings.
When Do You Need Litigation Consulting or a Forensic Accountant on your team?
- A financial expert can calculate economic damages such as those relating to wage and hour disputes, breach of contract, lost profits, lost earnings, and insurance bad faith, or can assess the reasonableness of asserted economic loss.
- An Accounting Expert can evaluate allegations of accounting malpractice, determine whether an entity’s financial statements were prepared in conformity with accounting rules, or evaluate the financial condition of an entity.
- A Forensic Accountant can investigate allegations of fraud, assist in filing a proof of loss, or reconstruct business transactions based on available evidence.
For more information, please contact Lawrence B. Wood (415) 624-2228 and email@example.com